Things to do on the Loveliest Day of the year:-
10. Zorb Ball! It’s not for everyone, and certainly your girl may not thank you for the suggestion if she’s not an adventurous one, but Zorbing is actually quite good fun; barrelling down a hill inside a translucent ball, not knowing which way is up! (As a tip girls – make sure you’re the 2nd one in and out to avoid unflattering facial expressions and angles!)
9. Zipline – another adventurous activity; zipping down from Mount Luho road, across Ilig Iligan Beach and then returning by Cable Car. As with Zorbing; girls, you may want to ‘zip’ second .. or first, depending on your butt-confidence!
8. Step Back in Time and visit the Boracay of the 1920’s! Pop on over to the mainland and
visit the Motag Living Museum; pretend you’re your grandparents on your own little rice farm.
Hang out in a traditional farm house, ride the caribou, sow, harvest and thresh the rice, try out some traditional games, weave a decorative wall or a toy. It’s all about the Philippines farming heritage
7. Parasail; take in panoramic views of Boracay in a duo Parasail.
6. Take in a fabulous band; such as Top Junk who will be performing at Charlie’s Steakhouse & Diner on both 14th & 15th February in the evening. Enjoy the set along with some of the fabulous Grills or Steaks from an extensive menu.
5. Helicopter Tour of Boracay; short but oh so thrilling! This 10 minute flight will give you a true birds eye view of Boracay; a flight that you will never forget.
4. Make Valentine’s unforgettable! Book a Diving Activity … & PROPOSE to your lover whilst underwater! If you have never dived before, you could book in for an Adventure Dive (the ‘taster’ session) and still make your proposal a memorable one.
Even if you’re not ready to ‘put a ring on it’ doing a diving course, is something that you can both cherish as a memorable Valentine. Check out these Diving Activities
3. His and hers Luxury Spa Treatment at the tranquil Spa Helios. Spa Helios is located in the quiet neighbourhood of Bantud, at the former Swiss Ambassadors Family Home; a beautiful building in a private location, set amongst tropical trees and plants, with a cooling swimming pool
2. A Paraw Sail :- you could enjoy a four-hour sail around the island, stopping off for a beach BBQ, or book a 1 or 2 hour sail finishing at sunset. Click here to make a booking with the infamous band of Red Pirates
1. The Traditional Rout but Always Priceless:- Enjoy a Boracay Sunset from a beautiful location. Some of the favourites for couples are Wahine or Spider House at Diniwid Cove, and Kasbah or White House Fusion Cuisine & Wine Lounge at Station 1, and Villa Caemilla or 357 Boracay, Station 3/Angol. Stick around at any one of these and enjoy a meal.
Wahine and Spider House, are both to be found at Diniwid Cove – accessible by trike from the main road or a lovely stroll along White Beach and then round the cliff side. You will reach Wahine first which is identified by its beautiful coloured sun umbrellas. Spider House is on the end of the next cliff; continue to walk along the beach, passing in front of Nami, and then in to the depths of the cliff until you reach the steps that will take you down in to Spider House.
Kasbah and White House Fusion Cuisine & Wine Lounge are both on Station 1, and directly on the beach. Each has its own unique vibe; Kasbah serves delicious Moroccan food ranging from kebab wraps through to their delicious, and infamous, Tagine’s and delicate desserts.
The White House is popular with the younger Manila crowd and has also gained a massive following for its delicious menu.
Villa Caemilla & 357Boracay can be found at the end of Station 3, another quiet section of the beach away from the noise and crowds of Station 2. Villa Caemilla went through extensive refurbishment in 2013 and its light, bright and airy restaurant is a delight to eat in, and offers a varied menu of Philippine and International cuisine, including some of the best breads on the island. Coupled with lovely sun-loungers right in front you can pass the day in a state of bliss (sun-loungers have a surcharge of 500PHP, redeemable against food and drinks, if you are not staying at the hotel).
357Boracay is a hidden gem, ssshhh! Try to keep it on the QT. Not much has been done to the façade of this hotel, which has been open for at least 15 years, and this is why it might get overlooked by the first-time traveller. But locals and returning guests know differently! It may not offer fancy culinary delights but what is offered is good quality food and healthy servings; the ribs are a taste sensation and melt off the bone and on to your tongue, and then there are the desserts …… sigh! As with Villa Caemilla, there are sun-loungers available in front of the hotel
Check the facebook pages for each for any reservation requirements.
Check out our hotels running promo’s which coincide with Valentine’s Day